This registration page is for grantor users representing federal agencies who need to post and manage funding opportunities on Grants.gov. All users need to register with Grants.gov, which creates one account for accessing and using the system.
If you already have a Grants.gov account, you do not need to register another account. Contact your federal agency point of contact to have your account affiliated with the agency in Grants.gov.
How to Register a Grants.gov Account
- Click the Register link in the top-right corner of the Grants.gov banner.
- Click the Get Registered Now button on the Register page.
Complete the Contact Information and Account Details sections. All fields with a red asterisk (*) are required.
- Email Address - When entering an email address, please keep in mind that all correspondence with Grants.gov will be sent to that email address.
- Username - Enter a username to log in to Grants.gov. It may only contain alphanumeric characters, question marks, periods, dashes, underscores, and the @ symbol. Your username cannot contain a space, nor can it only include numbers. Select a username you will remember. Do not write down your account information.
- Password - The password you choose must contain at least eight (8) characters including: at least one (1) uppercase letter (A-Z); at least one (1) lowercase letter (a-z); at least one (1) number (0-9); and at least one (1) special character (e.g. ! @ # $ % ^ & *). Do not write down your account information.
- Secret Question/Answer - Enter a question only you would be able to answer and will be able to remember in the future.
- Select whether to subscribe or unsubscribe from Grants.gov Communications. The Alerts are important messages about time-sensitive or major system changes. The Newsletter features training, system enhancement updates, and other resources to help the federal grants community.
- Click the Continue button.
- Click the Send Temporary Code button, then access your email account to access the temporary code.
- Enter the temporary code you received in the email from Grants.gov into the Temporary Code field and click the Continue button.
- Contact your federal agency point of contact to have your account affiliated with the agency in Grants.gov.
Help: Online User Guide
Find registration and opportunity management instructions in the Grants.gov Online User Guide.
For detailed grantor information, review the Grantors section of the online user guide.
Need Further Assistance?
If you need further assistance with the registration process, please contact your Grants.gov Program Advisor. These Program Advisors are assigned to specific federal agencies and are available to help answer your questions about getting started on Grants.gov.
Did You Know?
Grantors may register and log on to Grants.gov, but they will not be able to perform agency-related actions until they are affiliated with the agency and assigned role(s).