About the Grants.gov Program Management Office
The Grants.gov program management office was established, in 2002, as a part of the President's Management Agenda. Managed by the Department of Health and Human Services, Grants.gov is an E-Government initiative operating under the governance of the Office of Management and Budget.
Under the President's Management Agenda, the office was chartered to deliver a system that provides a centralized location for grant seekers to find and apply for federal funding opportunities. Today, the Grants.gov system houses information on over 1,000 grant programs and vets grant applications for federal grant-making agencies.
Provide a common website for federal agencies to post discretionary funding opportunities and for grantees to find and apply to them.
Benefits of Using Grants.gov
Using the Grants.gov system makes it faster, easier and more cost effective for grant applicants to electronically interact with federal grant-making agencies. It also provides the following key benefits, among many others, to the grant community.
Helping the grant community learn more about available opportunities.
- Centralizing more than 1,000 different grant programs across federal grant-making agencies awarding more than $500 billion annually.
- Standardizing grant information, application packages and processes for finding and applying for federal grants.
Facilitating interaction with the federal government.
- Streamlining the federal grants process by eliminating the need to navigate complex processes to find and apply for federal grants.
- Registering once to apply to as many federal agencies and grant programs as needed with just one secure login.
Simplifying the grant application process to save applicants costs, time and hassle.
- Eliminating the need to expend resources, time, postage and reproduction costs associated with traditional paper-based grant applications.
- Reducing training costs related to learning several different grant application systems and processes.
Making it easier to research and find federal grant opportunities.
- Conducting grant opportunity research with improved search capabilities from a simple key word search to advanced searches over numerous grant opportunity categories, including agency and grant category.
- Having grant opportunities sent directly to grant applicant desktops through custom search profiles, potential applicants can be notified via email or RSS feeds of future grant opportunities as they are posted by federal agencies.
Making electronic grant application processing easier.
- Simplifying the grant application process and reducing paperwork.
- Increasing the ease-of-use through enhanced features common to the Web, such as downloaded and fillable forms, auto-populated data, error checks and email notifications.
- Facilitating applicant use of electronic grant applications by providing built-in data quality checks, online support functionality and a dedicated customer support team to help complete and submit applications.
Providing a secure and reliable source to apply for federal grants.
- Validating grant applicants via a registration process.
- Allowing completion and uploading of grant applications by authenticated and authorized users.
- Ensuring website stability and security thought Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to encrypt transactional data and communications over the Internet.
- Monitoring network traffic to identify unauthorized usage.